Bonjour tour le monde!
This first week has been quite the experience. It's been great really! Alot of hard work on the service team. My scheduale right now is wake up at 8 am and eat breakfast then i clean up breakfast with the team washing dishes putting them away and sweeping the floors. Then we go clean the bathrooms, I get the younger boys bathroom whoot whoot! I get to sweep, mop, scrub toilettes and showers. It's awesome. Then i catch what i can of the worship singing with the kids.After that its time to set up for lunch, set the tables, clean cookingware, clean up after lunch, sweep and mop floors. And after a morning of hard work we get a break from about 3 to 6 to nap or read or explore or whatever. Right now i usually nap because i'm still adjusting to the 7 hr time difference. But after it stops raining I intend to go walk around the trails.
I don't mind serving these kids, they are very appreciative and sometimes when i get to go to worship it all seems very much worth it. I love the chances I get daily to serve. It's worth the work when you go to worship and see kids singing and dancing. I want to be doing what I'm doing so they can learn about things they won't get to hear anywhere else. I talked to Tom (the guy in charge of the camp) and he said he might need me on service team every once in while but he will want me mostly helping with activities which thrilled me. I might even get to lead a ceramics workshop, they have wheels and everything here! I almost died I was so excited!
And yes the baguettes are delicious. Although I've never eaten so much bread in my life. We serve it at every meal. Regardless of the theme. I saw kids eating it with guacamole actually. They weren't big guac fans.
Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. The kids are continuing to ask more and more questions and as tonight is their last night we are going to be very sad to see them go. Please pray for continued energy and a willing heart. Much love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment