Friday, July 10, 2009

Before Departure


Alright, it's the night before and I'm quite excited. I'm anxious and a little nervous to be traveling by myself. This will be a first for me. Please pray for travel safety and for everything to go smoothly.

Basically, I have a 14 hr flight ahead of me. I leave DFW tomorrow at 10 am, which means we're leaving Tyler at 6 am. I have connecting flights for a couple of hours in Philadelphia of all places, and Zurich. I will finally arrive at Lyon airport in France around 10 am on July 12. From there, I will catch a bus to Grenoble which is the city nearest the camp. I am meeting up with some family of a friend of mine there and will stay the night. The next day, I will catch a bus from Grenoble right up to the camp.

My cell phone will not work, but I have some numbers I can call in case of emergency. This trip will take some faith on my part. I'll need all the prayer I can get! Thanks all of you for your love and support. I can't wait to update you with more to come.

Also, here's a picture of the camp when I was there last summer on my way back from Burundi. I'm really looking forward to returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment